Explore the advantages of ionic liquids
Ionic liquids are a new class of technical products and are molten, organic salts that can be liquid at temperatures as low as minus 90° C. They are not solutions of ionic compounds in a molecular solvent – these would be ionic solutions with entirely different properties. Like all salts, they always consist of one anion and one organic cation.
The chemical-physical properties of ionic liquids can be adapted very well to given technical objectives. proionic does this by functionalizing the anion and cation in a targeted manner and systematically combining various functionalized anions and cations with the powerful CBILS® manufacturing process for ionic liquids.
Key features - ILs
- remain liquid over extremely large ranges of temperature
- do not evaporate
- do not burn
- can be adapted to given chemical and physical target parameters
- have excellent lubricating and hydraulic properties
- make special chemical reactions possible
- can selectively take in and release gases
- can have magnetic properties
- are microbiologically stable
- possess properties typical of solids even though they are in a liquid state
Tablet Potrait-Mode gerade in Arbeit, bitte drehen Sie das Tablet in den Landscape-Mode.